Meal maker is my favorite which I like to in curry ,gravy forms more which goes well with flat breads like roti,chapathi.I have tried this curry according to my taste on my own idea..Capsicum is one of finest vegetable which suits perfectly with all kind of vegetables..So,here I have choosen green capsicum as pair for soya nuggets and onion+tomato are the base for the recipe which gives a semi gravy consistency.In the end of the recipe,I have added coconut milk to the curry for rich taste,but it`s totally optional,even you can replace it with normal milk or curd or even cream also works out well..Cooking soya before saves the time and also this curry may need just 15 minutes to finish the process.This is one of the low calorie healthy dish to serve with rotis,pulkas.So,try it next time and enjoy
Soya chunks health benefits:
Soya is strongly recommended for diabetics, expectant mothers, growing children, cardiac patients, weight-watchers and the aged.
• A 100 per cent vegetarian high quality protein source that does wonders for young and old.
• Especially great for growing children, as it provides critical vitamins, minerals, fibre and protein.
• Eating more high-fiber foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains and soya nuggets helps to lose weight.
• Soya nuggets are one of the best non-fish sources of essential omega-3 fatty acids, which may help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
PREPARATION TIME- 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME- 15 MINUTES
WHAT YOU NEED
1 cup cooked soya chunks (nuggets)
1 green bell pepper/capsicum
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 medium onion , chopped
1 tomato , finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1/2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp milk or coconut milk
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
bay leaf-1 small
cinnamon stick-1 small
- Cook the soya nuggets in hot salted water for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds,bay leaf,cinnamon stick. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger garlic paste and onions and sauté till the onions are translucent. Add a tablespoon water if you find the masala burning.
- Add the capsicum,soya nuggets mix and cook for 2-3 minutes..Now add in turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder,salt and cook on a slow flame for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Throw in chopped tomato and mix..Add in 1/2 cup of water for gravy consistency.cook for 2-3 minutes..Add in milk and cook for 2-3 minutes more..Turn off add in cilantro leaves if you have and mix gently.Serve hot with roti,pulka.