After saying good bye to wheat flour bread,started taking home made banana bread in the break fast time.. Even,hubby also enjoying home made breads these days...So,baking a banana bread every week became like a hobby for me..Also,every time i love to try new versions,instead of using same old recipes..These days,Iam not clicking much,but this delicious bread forced me to click..So,here is the wonderful recipe with step by step pictures..Till now,I have posted some banana cakes recipes, with different combinations..But this time tried a bread loaf which is very perfect for break fast time..It is fluffy,spongy and nutty in taste..A big slice is a very good pair with hot coffee or milk.
CATEGORY- Banana Bread Recipe/Wheat flour bread
PREPARATION TIME- 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME- 45 MINUTES
WHAT YOU NEED
Wheat flour- 2 1/2 cups
white sugar-1/2 cup
olive oil-3/4 cup
baking soda-1 tsp
baking powder-1 tsp
vanilla essence-1 tsp
chopped walnuts-1/2 cup
black raisins-1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas mark 4.grease oil in cake/bread loaf tin and dust it with flour evenly..
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl,Beat together the egg,sugar,oil and water..Next add in baking powder,soda,flour,salt and mix until smooth.
- Add walnuts and raisins to the cake mixture.
- Turn into the prepared tins, level the top and bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 mins, or until shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then turn on to a wire rack to become completely cold..Serve with hot milk or coffee..
Can use all purpose flour or maida..
can use butter or vegetable oil.
Can use chocolate chips instead of walnuts..
Also,can use pecans instead of raisins..
can use baking soda 2 tsp and skip baking powder..also can use only 2 tsp baking powder and skip soda.
don`t skip salt...it enhances the taste..
recipe calls for 3 eggs.but i used only 2 big size.
can use brown sugar too ,instead of white sugar..