1. About you in few words which we don`t know?
com is my creation and passion. I Sujatha Muralidhar, a m.phil graduate from Chennai, India and currently in United States. I passionate about learning and reading, and blogging helps me to find all its avenues. And I blogging for about 4 years, still learning, learning and learning.
2. 3 photography tips or kitchen tips?
I'm not an expert for giving any photo graphical advise. But I can share what I learned all these 4 years.
1. Fancy expensive camera is not necessary to take good food picture. All we need is the basic idea of composing a frame for the photography.
2. I love natural light, I feel it gives a good royal glaze to the picture. I wait for the perfect light to take pictures.
3. Another important factor for composing food photography is the texture. If the food by itself has got a texture, like in Creamy pasta Recipe the background can be of plain. But if the food has a bland look, like this tomato dal then enhance the picture by added texture to the background like textured napkin, weathered wood etc.,
3. How to improve blog page views n fb page fans
. Increasing the blog page views does not fit into any strict formula. It depends on lots of hard works and lots of external factors. Its like 1:5 ratio of the hard work on creating a post and promoting a post. So secret involves in how you promote the posts. (Still learning in this topic.)
. For increasing FB page fans, Sharing our recipes on food groups could help. (Wish to know the secret for myself)
4. How food blog changed your Life n how many recipes you share per month?
Unknowingly blogging becomes a full time job for me now(including the learning hours :)) and I share between 4-9 recipes a month(I'm bit slow here).
5. Few lines abt MLH (mahaslovelyhome)?
I know Maha and her lovely blog for the long time. And keep following it for all the new techniques and lip smacking recipes. Her recipes has got special personal touch, as she blends with her emotions. And she succeeds in that as she has got true large loyal reader followings. Maha...she is a true inspirations for many others in the blogging world. Forgot to mention, I love her cute little naughty sons Mahadev, and Mahadhip. Awww. how cute they are :)
That`s a tremendous chit chat really..All the words or your opinions which you said are perfect and very helpful to us.
basic cup cakes recipe
Jam Filled Vanilla Cup cake
1 1/3 cups All-purpose flour / Maida
1/2 Cup of Butter in room temperature
1 Cup of granulated sugar
1/2 Cup of Milk
1/2 Cup of Jam or as required
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, Line mini muffin tray with cup cake liners and keep it ready.
2. Sift baking all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together. This makes all the dry ingredients to get combined evenly.
3. In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Whisk it thoroughly until the mixture becomes fluffy.
4. Add one egg at a time and continue to whisk for about 1 minutes after every addition of egg.
5. Add milk, vanilla extract and whisk until it becomes smooth mixture.
6. Add dry ingredients in batches to the mixture. Combine them by gently folding using ladle.
7. Fill 1/4th of the cupcake liners with mixture.
8. Add a 1/2 tsp of jam.
9. Fill up to 3/4th of the cup with mixture again.
10. Repeat the process for all the remaining liners.
11. Bake it for 8-10 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
12. Remove it from the oven and transfer it to the cooling rack.
13. Once it get cools down completely, top it with honey and a spoon of jam.
Are n`t these looks cute??!!!Though I have tried lots of cup cakes recipes,never attempted this method.I mean like jam stuffing..It`s a big surprise for kids specially..Even in this christmas season this recipe can play a beautiful role in menu.
Thank you dear Suja for the delicious recipe and of course for the beautiful answers..I enjoyed thoroughly.
Dear readers!! I hope you guys also enjoyed the today`s guest post in MLH...Stay tune for many more recipes and have a happy peaceful weekend :)